General Administrative Support Job Details Near Vernon, British Columbia
Our small but growing company needs a reliable, organized Office Assistant to manage the day to day administrative aspects of running the business.
The successful applicant will have a positive attitude, a desire to work as efficiently as possible and possess excellent customer service skills. If you have worked in a fast-paced office in the past, are accustomed to ever changing circumstances and enjoy establishing your own organizational systems when necessary, we’re excited to talk to you.
This job may include some overtime as well as occasional weekend work. We are looking for someone who can operate effectively with little or no supervision and who can effectively manage multiple tasks at once.
A team-oriented individual who values working and contributing to a positive working environment and values confidentiality and professionalism. Strong interpersonal communication skills and a pleasant, friendly disposition are a must.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and process payrolls, including collecting, verifying, entering and filing time sheets. Maintain appropriate documentation supporting all payroll transactions and ensuring the appropriateness, accuracy and timelines of all payroll payments. Balance, run and distribute payroll.
- Record keeping/reporting including maintaining, monitoring and filing of payroll related records.
- General clerical duties including preparing purchase orders, receiving and verifying invoices, the delivery of goods; and maintaining a variety of files and records.
- Receive and receipt monies.
- Prepare materials including correspondence, forms, office communication, etc. using a variety of computer programs.
- Communicate with staff. Respond to inquiries and provide general information.
- Read and route incoming mail and process outgoing mail.
- Some accounting and data inputting responsibilities.
- Create, edit and update spreadsheets.
- Be familiar with mobile technology.
- Manage and maintain our current Membership program. Help grow our membership and interact with our members on a daily basis to solve their problems and address any concerns.
- Process warranty and Rebate paperwork for our customers. Register installed equipment and ensure all paperwork is processed by requested timelines.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written, with the public and employees. Two years’ experience including the completion of a full payroll cycle, benefit administration, numerical data entry and the proven ability and training to manage computer-based information systems (data input, file maintenance, data retrieval), in order to be familiar with all aspects of payroll department operations.
The ability to type 50 wpm.